Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Process

In the postcard I started with Illustrator because my motive was to start by playing around with the words so I could get a feel of what I wanted. I had no idea what I liked. Therefore I spent most of my time (an hour) in Illustrator because it gave me full freedom to play as well as takes the most time to use. In between I also used wordle. Wordle to me acted as a inspiration; something that spawned the rest of my ideas. So it definitely influenced my other designs. However, I got my favorite one from wordle, by accident, using the randomize tool and tweaking a few things. I spent about thirty min with wordle. For the hand design, I absolutely avoided it because I absolutely hate my handwriting. When I did do it though, it was completely a replica of wordle, because at that point I was so drawn to the set up and also had one I was very happy with. The hand design took me under fifteen minutes and I didn’t want to continue with that medium because I didn’t enjoy it nor like the outcome. For the design aspect itself I wanted to Make Larry Sass and Digital Fabrication most apparent. So I used hierarchy for the words. I preferred brighter text over dull or normal text color. I also preferred Horizontal alignment. My thought process was to get people interested in the speaker and topic. Then once they are intrigued they will look deeper for more information so the other information I didn’t mind being vertical.

No comments:

Post a Comment