Monday, March 28, 2011

Laser cutter Project



MY PROJECT:


2 Options: Backboard or a Lamp(floor)

Needs: (1) 2X4’s, 2X2’s, Plywood(or better backing option, and a metal sheet (option rope lighting edge + paint)

(2) a thin wood + Plexi or substitute + light kit

Uses: Laser cutter + Wood shop (router, saw, drill)

I would like to create something that is beautiful as well as something I can use in my life. Right now I’m leaning towards the backboard because it is something I need. What it will come down to is what can I afford.

Timeline: Illustrator file prepared March 28th

This Week- Schedule Laser cutter time- Purchase supplies (if can get laser cutter time this week, then cut panels

Next week- Cut metal- 4th-14th cut and assemble Backboard or lamp

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea. It is very cool. It is nice that you will be able to use two different machines that we were looking at as well. Right now it looks pretty inspired by the middle east. Maybe experiment with different types of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete