Thursday, April 7, 2011

Addressing the Questions

What kind of application would thermocrotic paint have in architecture?- Currently, I don't see it as a need. However, I could see it being an exterior paint that changes as the temperature changes. Interactive to the enviroment and the human eye


Arduino- Do you have a better understanding of how sensors work? -Both hardware and software. I don't necessarily get how it works. Like would I be able to recreate that based on the knowledge I have? no, however, It was crazy interesting to see it be such a simple concept to mechanically/light controlled


How could you apply processing to a component of a building? I think the program itself is a form of 3D modeling.


How are the hexbugs we saw today different from the ones that are remote controlled? Is there a different type of interaction? Where else do you see these kind of sensors applied. Remote controlled bugs are defined by what we tell it to do, they dont interact with anything but that remote. while the hex bugs are interacting with its space as well as we can get involved in changing the bugs outcomes. On the top of my head I can't think of any Touch sensors, which is probably a sham since the technology is so intreguing

No comments:

Post a Comment