Thursday, April 7, 2011

My project

I'm sitting here waiting for the laser cutter. I'm really excited about what I have. I have created 3 boards each 12"X24". Initially, it was going to be one, But then I had these extra incase I wanted to create layers. I changed my mind on the layers once I did my first design. I wanted the lyrics, and I did that. Then I wanted the back to have an some sort of design, so I created a repeated word in the back. My other 2 boards I created picture frames, kind of, it will hold 3 pictures and then it is designed with lyrics as well. Once I have these done I have to think about how I want my boxes that hold them to look. While Im thinking thick so they can act as shelves too... I am also thinking perhaps more of a grid hold where parts are cut out. Or slightly combined the two and use the CNC and create a grid design on the sides and have a solid top.... however I want it to be smooth and the CNC takes forever to achieve a smooth surface.
Questions for you.... best way to frost plexi... I was thinking frosting the back(the side not etched on)

1 comment:

  1. I think the easiest way is to use sandpaper. But you could probably find some kind of paint or maybe a chemical.

    ReplyDelete